Serving the Aerospace Industry and the Military since 1992
For almost 25 years, Ferra has partnered with local and overseas commercial aerospace companies and defence forces to develop programs, establish platforms and provide an ever-increasing range of highly specialised products and engineering services.
Specialising in designing, manufacturing and assembling fully integrated aerospace structures and sub-systems, we have advanced to the point where we are now one of the largest and most successful independently owned Australian manufacturers in this field.
Leveraging our access to low cost manufacturing and advanced techniques, our products – ranging from complete kits and assemblies to spare parts – have continually demonstrated our competitiveness in international markets, with exports currently amounting to over 80% of our business, principally in USA and Europe.
We are now at the point where we are a fully global organisation employing over 150 staff in four offices: Los Angeles, Oklahoma, Bangalore, and our (70,000 square feet) headquarters in Brisbane, Australia.
To be first choice partner of the world’s best.
We produce added value precision components and assemblies for partners requiring consistently high levels of quality & service.
To provide you, our client and partner, with the best possible products and service humanly possible in terms of quality and timeliness.
And never to rest on our laurels, but rather to look for continuous improvement, pushing ourselves to the absolute limits of our technical skills and trademark ingenuity.
Recent Awards & Major Contracts
- 1993 – Company founded (general industry and toolmaking)
- 2001 – Expansion of facility from 1 Bay to 3 Bays (to high pressure die casting and high speed manufacture of telecommunications components)
- 2002 – long term Automotive contracts with GM and Ford motor companies
- 2002 – installation of coolant and waste recycling plant (environmental policy)
- 2004 – Awarded Airbus Helicopters (then Eurocopter)contract for Tiger pilot controls
- 2005 – Awards & Recognition to Mark Scherrer– Ernest & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist.
- 2005 – AS9100 Certification
- 2006 – Awarded F-35Joint Strike Fighter contract as sole supplier of AME Weapons Adaptors
- 2007 – Beginning of partnerships with research organisations for advanced manufacturing of exotic steels/titanium
- 2007 – Long term contract with General Electric(Smiths Cases and lids)
- 2008 – Awarded Platinum Supplier Status with Northrop Grumman
- 2009 – Achievement of important R&D milestone with presentation of F35 part to Lockheed Martinusing advanced manufacturing techniques
- 2010 – 5 year contract for Boeing Commercial Spares – Entire commercial fleet
- 2011 – Long term contract award for F/A-18 Rudder Pedal Kits
- 2012 – Boeing Supplier of the Year (International Category- from 17,500 suppliers)
- 2012 – Contract Award – CH-47 (small assemblies)
- 2012 – Contract Award – MH-60R Romeo Helicopter (Mission Kits and Weapon Pylons)
- 2012 – Contract award – P8 small assemblies and machined parts
- 2012 – Bangalore, Indiasite established
- 2013 – Oklahoma and Los Angelessites established
- 2013 – Contract award JDAM-ER(Joint Direct Attack Munition – Extended Range)
- 2014 – Contract Award – Northrop Grumman (F35)